Large(r) Windows...?

Having trouble with Sound Station? Post it here! Bug reports are also welcome

Large(r) Windows...?

Postby Miks » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:43 pm

Hi Sergi,

since I'm an old chap now (I'm 60+) I feel that my eyes aren't as good as they were when I was younger - and that's the reason for my question:

Would it be possible to have doubled the size of all 'windows' of the Gx700 SoundStation? Meanwhile I have serious difficulties to read the screen(s)... those old weary eyes... ;) Perhaps by editing an .ini file or so? A larger view would be very helpful. To change (=reduce) the resolution (1600x1200 at the mo) is not what I'm aiming for... 8-)

Best,
Miks
Last edited by Miks on Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miks
Expert User
Expert User

Re: Large(r) Windows...?

Postby Grunwaldt » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:58 am

Hi Miks,

To make the application DPI-setting compatible would require a new whole interface, sorry. I'm kinda visually impaired and I use always a low-resolution like 1152x864 because of that, instead of increasing the Windows DPI setting. I don't think I will have time to use WPF or something like that, recoding the whole GUI, so again, sorry.

Regards,

Sergi
Developer and webmaster for the GX-700 Sound Station software.
Grunwaldt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Miks » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:00 pm

Hi Sergi,

thanks for your quick reply. I thought as much that this would be your answer - but no worries! I've found a very nice solution that works like a charm :D

It's a small program called "Display Changer" from 12noon (freeware if you use it non-commercial). After installing the application you can modify the program path on your shortcut - the resolution will be set to 'your' favourite values, and if you close your application those values are set 'back to original' :mrgreen:

This is for example the 'new' path to my SoundStation: "C:\Program Files\12noon Display Changer\dc.exe" -width=800 -height=600 "C:\Programme\GX-700\GXEdit4.exe" - after having installed Display Canger of course... ;)

I've set the 'new' resolution to 800x600 - which is fine for me - and if I close the SoundStation my desktop gets set back to 1600x1200 - exact what I need! 8-)

Maybe you want to find out if this little gem can do something for you too... ? Take a look at 12noon.com

Regards,
Miks
Miks
Expert User
Expert User

Postby Grunwaldt » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:13 pm

Glad you've found a solution! and thanks for sharing, it will surely help others as well! :D
Developer and webmaster for the GX-700 Sound Station software.
Grunwaldt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Miks » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:18 pm

You're welcome! :D
Miks
Expert User
Expert User

Return to Bug Reports and Technical Support