No Connection

Having trouble with Sound Station? Post it here! Bug reports are also welcome

No Connection

Postby GielC » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:24 pm

Hey,

I'm trying to use the software but I can't connect to my GX-700.
I've tried everything i can find, in the help, the internet but no solution workt for me.
If I use other software I can see that the program is receiving data from the GX-700 but with sound station i can't get a connection, send or receive.

Can you help me please?

Thank you
GielC
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: No Connection

Postby Grunwaldt » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:18 pm

Hello GielC,

You're saying you can receive data from the GX-700 with other software. Could you confirm that you can actually transmit data from your PC to the GX-700? This is the connection "way" required for Sound Station to edit patches and do almost everything. Please answer my question and I will make you more questions if that's not the problem. You can test what I suggest by using any SysEx dumper software, just do a bulk transfer to your pc of the user patches on your GX-700 and then try to transmit them (after changing something on any user patch on the GX-700 for a confirmation reference of receiving properly) back to the GX-700. Tell me the result.

Note: When you perform this test, keep in mind that in order to transmit any "User Patches" to the GX-700 from your PC, you must set the device to the "MIDI BULK LOAD" page. Make sure you set your GX-700 to this "tuner/utility" page before trying to transmit the User patches to the GX-700, otherwise the hardware will ignore the data.

Also if you respond or have more problems follow the guidelines stated on this topic. Thanks

Regards,

Sergi
Developer and webmaster for the GX-700 Sound Station software.
Grunwaldt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GielC » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:34 pm

hey,

I downloaded MIDI-OX to check this. what I did is: I connected the PC and GX-700, opend MIDI-OX and did a BULK DUMP.
Midi-ox received this dump (log of HEX data), I saved this, afther this I changed a name of a patch on the gx-700. So I can see if I can send back the first dump.
I set the device to Midi bulk load and I send back the saved file the progam showed a statusbar while sending but my patch didn't change.

I hope this is what you expected for me to do. If this isn't right pleas correct me.

regards,
GielC
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Grunwaldt » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:10 pm

If the patch name didn't change back and I understood you, your connection PC->GX-700 is not working. Your GX-700->PC communication indeed works but for this software to work you need the first. When you're transmitting "User Patches" to the GX-700 in the "MIDI BULK LOAD" state the "waiting..." second line on the GX-700 screen should change to "receiving...", I guess in your case it doesn't because your PC->GX-700 MIDI connection doesn't work. It does? (say "receiving..." when you transfer to the GX-700)

The problem could be a lot of different things, broken cable, MIDI interface drivers, or even malfunctioning equipment, my suggestion is to use the same setup with another MIDI device and confirm that your connection from your PC to the MIDI device doesn't work, and try to determine the problem.

Sorry I wish I could be more useful!

Good luck,

Sergi
Developer and webmaster for the GX-700 Sound Station software.
Grunwaldt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports and Technical Support