Administrator rights problems (auto-installer)

Having trouble with Sound Station? Post it here! Bug reports are also welcome

Administrator rights problems (auto-installer)

Postby fr4nck » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:41 pm

Hi all,

I just bought 5.XX complete version last week and it's fun to use my gx-700 with my computer to program it as I want.
This software is really very practical, on the other hand I noticed some problems in use. I specify that I used the version with the automatic installer...

Every time I open it, I have to reconfigure its settings:
[list=]The midi interface must be selected again.
The visual scheme choice has not been memorized too.[/list]

Impossible to open any Banks...

There's something wrong in this installer, because if I want to resolve all these problems, I need to open it as administrator... I precise that I did not change the installation folder proposition.
I don't need to do this with all of my software unless there is a specific use and the need to access system settings.

Were you aware of this problem? I have no antivirus other than windows 10 systems.

See you

Thanks for your software.

Franck
Windows 10 system - Boss FC-50 midi controller - Boss GX700 - Peavey Blue Classic 50 - Tele Custom 72 MiM with Catswhisker pickups and bleed mod - Lot of Diy pedals Clones
fr4nck
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Administrator rights problems (auto-installer)

Postby Grunwaldt » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:53 pm

Hi Fr4nck,

Thanks and sorry you're having problems, the software was developed and tested in Windows 7. It looks like the application is not saving the INI files on exit for you, where it stores its settings. Don't know, but maybe it's a permission issue. Did you try to use the manual installation and place it in a "non-protected" folder (not in "Program files" or anything that might have issues in Windows 10 security), and run it from there? Remember to unblock the files before running it. About not being able to open any banks, that's tremendous. The code has been kinda abandoned since 2020 but I eventually will take a look into it, and test it in Windows 10, which I guess is your OS.

Regards,

Sergi
Developer and webmaster for the GX-700 Sound Station software.
Grunwaldt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports and Technical Support