Copy function for Assigns...

General discussion about the GX-700 and/or Sound Station

Copy function for Assigns...

Postby Miks » Fri May 16, 2014 10:40 pm

Hi there,

my name is Michael/nickname is Miks and I'm using the GX700 since several years. I'm glad that there is a fine software to edit the GX700 easily... and best of all - it's (currently) FREE! Thank you very much Sergio!

But now I've a question: I've programmed my patches in a certain way so I can 'toggle' the TUNER function ON/OFF using my Behringer FCB1010 floorboard (equipped with the UnO 1.0.4 firmware). This works excellent - but I had to 'program' this feature (using Assign #2) to every single patch ! I wonder if there could be an option to 'copy' a specific Assign to one or more patches 'with one click' ... this would be a nice feature.
Do you (Sergio) think this function could be worth to be implemented???

Regards,
Michael aka Miks
Miks
Expert User
Expert User

Re: Copy function for Assigns...

Postby Grunwaldt » Fri May 16, 2014 11:22 pm

Welcome Miks,

As you suggest, such feature is too much specific to be worthy. I'm not planning any changes like that, the current plan is just to fix possible issues/bugs or compatibility problems. I consider the main application a finished product, last big change being the Visual Schemes.

Looks like you'll have to set all your patches assigns manually, sorry for that!

Regards,

Sergio
Developer and webmaster for the GX-700 Sound Station software.
Grunwaldt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Copy function for Assigns...

Postby Miks » Sat May 17, 2014 2:28 pm

Hi Sergio,

thanks for your prompt reply. That's the answer I've feared to hear ;) Too bad that there is no chance to have such feature implemented... but life will go on :lol: Apart from that your GX-700 Sound Station is a very usefull piece of software (and the only that I'm aware of) to edit that powerful unit. Thanks for maintaining that software during this long period. I'll keep using it furthermore!

Kind regards,
Miks
Miks
Expert User
Expert User

Return to General